Mashable posted some great tips on how to increase engagement on your Facebook page. Without repeating the stats and explanations, here are the nuts and bolts of the study findings:
* Timing is everything. Facebook peaks at 7am EST, 5pm EST and 11pm EST. Posting only during business hours may keep you from getting the responses you want.
* Friday, Saturday and Sunday are hot days for Entertainment and Media industries, while Mondays are weak. Post on the weekends when you can. You’ll reach more people.
* Keep it short. Posts under 80 characters receive the most response.
* Use actual URLs and not shortened ones from bit.ly or tinyurl. People want to know where your link will lead them.
* If you want likes and comments, ask for them.
* People respond more when the question is posed at the end of the post.
View the full article here. If you aren’t sure how to measure your Facebook engagement, this article from Social Media Examiner breaks down Facebook analytics in a way that is easy to understand.
-written for The Randy Lane Company, at www.randylane.net