Mashable posted some great tips on how to increase engagement on your Facebook page. Without repeating the stats and explanations, here are the nuts and bolts of the study findings:
* Timing is everything. Facebook peaks at 7am EST, 5pm EST and 11pm EST. Posting only during business hours may keep you from getting the responses you want.
* Friday, Saturday and Sunday are hot days for Entertainment and Media industries, while Mondays are weak. Post on the weekends when you can. You’ll reach more people.
* Keep it short. Posts under 80 characters receive the most response.
* Use actual URLs and not shortened ones from bit.ly or tinyurl. People want to know where your link will lead them.
* If you want likes and comments, ask for them.
* People respond more when the question is posed at the end of the post.
-written for The Randy Lane Company, at www.randylane.net